Youth, Families and Communities AdvisorCooperative Extension Placer County
11477 E Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
MPH Public Health, Health Communication, Colorado School of Public Health, Colorado State University, Fort Collins. 2011
BS Nutrition, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. 2010
SpecialtyProgram and curriculum development; Garden-enhanced nutrition education; Experiential learning
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Nutrition and Hunger in the Population
- Obesity Prevention
- Families, Youth, and Communities
- Sociological and Technological Change Affecting Individuals, Families, and Communities
- Youth Development
- Uc Calfresh Nutrition Education Program
- 4-H Program
- Healthy Families and Communities
- Scherr, R.E.; Linnell, J. (In Press). Development and Implementation Methodologies of a Multi-Component, School-Based Nutrition Education Intervention, The Shaping Healthy Choices Program.
- Linnell, J.D.; Smith, M.H. (2014). "Multi-component nutrition intervention featuring a learner-centered, garden-enhanced curriculum improves nutrition knowledge." Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior 46(4S): S130-S131.
- Brian, K.M.; Linnell, J.D. (2014). Cooking Up Healthy Choices. University of California.
- Linnell, J.D.; Scherr, R.E. (2013). The development and implementation of an inquiry-based nutrition education curriculum for the Shaping Healthy Choices Program. The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology.
- Linnell, J.D.; Brian, K.M. (2013). Using lesson artifacts to evaluate student acquisition of nutrition terms and concepts and development of science process skills. Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior.