Placer County 4-H Presentation Day
Date: February 24, 2018
Time: 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Sponsor: Placer County 4-H
Location: Placer High School
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED, Registration Deadline Friday, 2/16/18
Placer High School
275 Orange Street
For directions click the location link below.
What is a 4-H Presentation?
A presentation is a method used to communicate an idea by showing and/or telling. It can be a demonstration or a talk that uses posters and other visual aids. A 4-H Presentation helps you learn to research a subject, organize ideas in a logical order, be a teacher and practice public speaking skills. Placer County 4-H Presentation day is open to all 4-H members, and will be patterned after the format for the 4-H Regional and State Presentation Days. Click here for the State "California 4-H Presentation Manual Version 2016". Community Club Leaders and Presentation Project Leaders will have a copy. Additional copies can be obtained at the 4-H office.
Presentation categories are open to all age groups - Junior, Intermediate, and Senior and include:
- Illustrated Talk
- Science or Engineering Presentation
- Educational Display Talk
- Informative Prepared Speech
- Persuasive Prepared Speech
- Impromptu Speech (Click here for more information on impromptu topics)
- Interpretive Reading
- Share the 4-H Fun Skit
- Cultural Arts
Example Presentation Videos - New from the State 4-H Office
To have a successful presentation it must contain the following:
- An introduction—it should briefly cover what is to be shown or told.
- A body—it should illustrate the subject logically and clearly.
- A summary—it should reiterate briefly what has been said so that the audience takes away the main idea.
- Don’t forget the original and catchy title, this will set the stage for your presentation!
- Most of all...Enjoy Yourself!
California 4-H offers 2018 Special Recognition: Awarded to 4-H members who participate at State 4-H Presentation Day and relate their presentations (all presentation formats are eligible; except impromptu speech) to one of the following four focus areas:
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Healthy Living
- Positive Youth Development
Please visit Recognition Opportunities for more information, including complete descriptions, resources, and eligibility requirements.
Click here for more information on 2018 State 4-H Presentation Day.